Wear the Style: Clogs
By Laura Leiva
The clogs are back – but how do you style them? Check out some of these easy options to look chic and on-trend.
· Bohemian flow. Take your clogs to the next level by pairing them with a midi skirt and boho top. Chic, casual, yet still polished, clogs are a great alternative to heels when you want to hit that middle ground between casual and dressy.
· Wear the shorts. If you’ve got low profile clogs, this looks works especially well. Pair clogs with high-waisted shorts and a t-shirt, then finish off with a cropped jacket or blazer. Perfect for most seasons, this combo is one that looks polished but ultra-comfortable.
· Dress them up! Wondering how to dress up a pair of clogs? It’s possible when wearing pants in non-denim textures: think linen or leather depending on the season. Pair pants with a relaxed blouse for that effortlessly-chic vibe.
· Maxi dresses. These boho-inspired dresses were made for shoes like clogs. Match the clogs to the dress by going with a dark/light palette – a traditional brown leather goes with just about everything!
· Tailored suits. Give your tailored outfit a bit of a causal influence by pairing trousers with clogs for a weekend events or outings. Keep the clogs more of the traditional hues of black or brown to get the most wear when pairing them with more masculine-inspired pieces.
Clogs aren’t new but there are plenty of ways to give them an updated vibe for spring, summer and fall!