These aren’t your grandpa’s loafers.
This classic shoe is making a comeback this season and the good news is they’re comfortable and work with so many pieces you already have. Don’t believe us? Here’s how to style them:
· High socks: This is an essential pairing. To really dress up your loafers, pair them with high socks that have a bit of detail like lace. Throw on a skirt and a turtleneck and you’ll have one classic look.
· Blazer: Loafers are that perfect shoe that works for both casual and professional outfits. During the week, pair loafers with trousers and a blazer. On weekends? A blazer with jeans and loafers is super chic.
· Leggings: Go casual with leggings and a shacket, but instead of reaching for sneakers go for loafers for a polished, but comfortable, look.
· Maxi dress (or long skirt): Loafers come in various styles – for maxi dresses or longer skirts, a chunky platform loafer and tights is the perfect moody complement.
· Jeans: While loafers go with every type of pant, a boyfriend or loose denim is a match. For a fashion-forward look, roll up the cuff of the jeans once or twice before slipping into the loafers.
Loafers are a great shoe to have in your closet for any occasion. Whether you love tailored suits or prefer a casual vibe, there’s a way to add this shoe style into your personal aesthetic.