Sweater, puffer, utility -- there are plenty of vest options out there and while you might think you can only wear it for casual outings, we’re here to share a handful of different ways to wear your favorite vest all year long:
- Skinny jeans or leggings. Perfect for a casual day out, pair your favorite vest with leggings or skinny jeans and sneakers.
- Add some heels or strappy sandals. Want to take your day look into night? Throw on a pair of heels and loose blouse with a vest and you’re ready to go.
- Pair it with something playful! Depending on the color of your vest (often a neutral color), look to pair it with a blouse that’s got stripes or other flattering pattern.
- Create contrast. Pairing a casual vest with something a bit dressier (such as a skirt or heels) gives the look new life for a weekend or work outfit.
- Give it a pop of color. One of the most popular ways to wear a vest is to pair it with a light sweater and jeans. The type of shoe you pick easily dresses the look up or down, making it an easy outfit for any occasion.
Not sure what to do with that vest hanging in your closet or want to wear your favorite vest in new, fun ways? These five options will help you get started in creating some stylish looks!